28.4.09

last but not least



One more time, okay, here I go, once more, so get it while it lasts.  

Chicago Artists' Coalition has the honor of being the last web critique.  I have explored many websites and discovered some great artist resources throughout the last couple months, who would have known there were so many, and I feel I have only scratched the surface.  As for the design of the websites, some were horrible while others were just amazing, and I am going to say that Chicago Artists Coalition falls right in the middle.  The site is easy to navigate because the links to all the pages were always right at my fingertips.  The information is clear and informative even though it is a bit  next heavy at times.  The content is great and relevant for the intended target audience.  I mean, there is an "artist bank", did you know that?  I will not complain about having an artist resource for finding jobs, workshops, exhibition space, and everything in between.  Even though I am a bit skeptical about showing my art on a group online gallery, this is a great option if you just want to get your stuff out there.  We just need to get more sculptors and installation artists to show their work on sights like these, it just seems like everyone is a painter.  Thank you CAC for being there, and thanks to all the people that work their butts off for things like this to exist.  You are appreciated.  


Here is the one of the lone sculptors on the site:  Kip Pasta, Cityscape, wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

put thought here....